This is an automated translation and may therefore contain translation errors or differ from reality in details
In order to use PDF-2-FLOW, a number of requirements must be taken into account, which are described below. You must ensure that you can meet these requirements before purchasing the solution.
PDF-2-FLOW is based on our cloud native FLOW platform. Therefore, an internet connection and an updated browser are all you need to access the solution. You can access PDF-2-FLOW from any browser or device, anytime, anywhere.
Technical requirements related to the PDF invoice itself
The PDF invoices must be digitally produced (or "born") (scanned copies will not be accepted). The reason for this is that in a scanned PDF "text" is not real text but just an image of it, and therefore reading errors can occur during conversion. You can recognize a digitally produced PDF by the ability to select text with the mouse. Most ERP systems are capable of generating digitally produced PDFs, but even if you don't have an ERP or other financial system, there are other ways.
- The PDF invoices must meet the minimum legal (tax) requirements of an invoice that apply in your country. For example, invoices in the Netherlands must contain at least the following fields:
- Full company name and address (your company) + country
- Full company name and address (recipient/the customer) + country
- Unique invoice number
- Invoice date
- Chamber of Commerce (KvK) number (if you are registered)
- VAT information (such as VAT rate and VAT number if you are a taxable person)
- If you send invoices to a Dutch government agency, the OIN (Organisation Identification Number) must also be stated on the invoice. Based on this OIN number, it can be determined to which government agency the invoice should be sent.
- You can look up government customer OIN numbers here.
- If you do not get a result via the link above, the VAT and Chamber of Commerce numbers of your government customer(s) will suffice. If in doubt, contact the government buyer(s).
Note: Additional billing requirements may apply for international invoices. Consult the website of the local tax authorities for this.
IMPORTANT: If you can at least meet the above requirements, your invoices will be able to be converted by TIE Kinetix and reach your customers via the Peppol network. However, this is no guarantee that the invoices will also be accepted by your customers.
The PDF invoices must also, if applicable, also meet the unique invoice requirements of the customer (i.e. the inclusion of, for example, a mandatory invoice field that is not legally required, as explained above. For example, a customer-specific order reference or cost center).
This means that in addition to the minimum technical and legal invoice requirements, you are responsible for ensuring that your PDF invoice contains all the necessary fields required by each customer individually. If you are unsure of these requirements, please contact the customer directly.