In order to use PDF-2-FLOW, you must take a number of requirements into account, all of which are outlined below. Please be advised that you responsible for ensuring that you are able to meet these requirements prior to purchasing the solution.
PDF-2-FLOW is based in our cloud-native FLOW platform. Therefore, an internet connection is all you need to be able to access the solution. You can access PDF-2-FLOW via any browser or device, anytime, and anywhere.
- Your PDF invoices must be digitally native (scanned copies will not be accepted). This is because scanned PDFs are of low image quality and are therefore prone to errors during conversion. If your PDF is digitally native, you will be able to select the text in the PDF with your mouse. Most ERP systems are capable of generating digitally native PDFs, but if you don' have an ERP or other financial system, there is another way.
- Your PDF invoices must be of the highest possible quality, 300 DPI. If you aren't sure how to check this, please see: How to check the resolution quality (DPI) of your PDF invoice.
- All characters (letter and number characters) in your PDF invoices must be recognizable and in the upright position.
- Your PDF invoices must meet the minimum legal (tax) requirements of an invoice that are applicable in your country. For example, invoices in the Netherlands must contain the following fields:
- Full company name and address (your company)
- Full company name and address (recipient/your customer)
- Unique invoice number
- Invoice date
- VAT information (like VAT rate(s) and VAT number)
- Your Chamber of Commerce (KvK) number (if you are registered)
- If you are sending invoices to a Dutch government body, the OIN (Organization Identification Number) must also be listed on the invoice. Based on this OIN number it can be determined to which government agency your invoice should be sent.
- You can look up your government customers' OIN numbers here.
- If you do not get a result from the above link, then the VAT and Chamber of Commerce (KvK) numbers of your government customer(s) will suffice. If in doubt, contact your government customer(s).
Please note: There may be additional invoice requirements for international invoices. Please check the website of your local tax authority.
IMPORTANT: If you are able to meet the requirements stated above, your invoices will be accepted by TIE Kinetix and will reach your customers via the Peppol network. However, this does not guarantee that your invoices will be accepted by your customers.
Your PDF invoices must meet your customers' unique invoice requirements if applicable (i.e., the inclusion of a mandatory invoice field that is not mandatory from a legal perspective as outlined above).
This means that, in addition to the minimum technical and legal invoice requirements, you are responsible for ensuring that your PDF invoice contains all necessary fields as required by each customer individually. If you are unsure of these requirements, please contact your customer directly.
Article is closed for comments.